Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer Sewing

If you remember, my sewing space is also our guest bedroom. My husband's sister is visiting us for a bit so I've finally devoted some time to hand sewing my Hope Valley hexies!


I especially enjoy having a project like this when the weather is good enough to be outside because that means I can work on it while the kids are running around the yard like the insane energy freaks that they really are.


Originally, I was planning on making a little drawstring pouch/bag/purse with these but I really like them all laid out flat so I may switch things up and make a table runner instead.


It's been a lot of fun watching all the little hexies play so nicely together. And stitching them up is going much faster than I thought it would.


And I'm such a dork that I even love the messy backs.

What are you sewing up this summer?


5 comments:

  1. hooray for hexagons! i love looking at the backs too. that's where you see all the hard work. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely!!
    I'm the same I like portable projects for the summer. This year I'll crochet a blanket she said in the most optimistic tone of voice ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY - Hexies!! I just love them... and the fabric choices you are working with ~ can't wait to see how it turns out... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do love hexi's... yours are so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how your runner turned out! Do you have a tutorial source for making Hexies?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!