Wednesday, May 11, 2011

BabyBot

Finally finished Bailey's BabyBot!

There were definitely some issues with this little bot....

You can see that the body didn't end up exactly square and the legs/feet turned out larger then they were supposed to.


But I still think it's pretty cute! And tiny.


It's been a lot of fun to learn more about amigurumi, though I think it takes a bit more patience than I generally have!

For anyone else wanting to try this type of crochet project I would suggest picking up a good book or searching for beginner tutorials on the web. I would also recommend not worrying too much about size and making them a little larger at first (by using a larger size crochet hook). The smaller they are the more difficult they are to make. This one was made with a size C2 crochet hook and it was definitely a challenge!

Thankfully, my three year old doesn't care at all about perfection. She just wants a little bot to love, and I'm more than happy to oblige.




3 comments:

  1. super cute bots! Makes me want to learn to crochet ~ but one crafty obsession at a time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! I want to check out this book for sure, I love these little bots, I'm so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute I love how he's a little quirky!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!