Thursday, December 9, 2010

Traditions

We always had Christmas stockings when I was growing up. In fact, I still have my green felt stocking that has hung every Christmas of my life. When I met my husband-to-be, we talked about our different holiday traditions and he said that he had never had a Christmas stocking. His family just didn't do them. (WHAT?!?!?!?!?)

With all due respect to his family, I made him this stocking for our first Christmas together and we will continue to hang it every year by our fireplace. There are two other felt stockings now, for our kiddos. They are all simple and made of felt, embellished with embroidery and buttons and a few jingle bells.

(You can actually see all of the stockings hanging behind our fireplace in my family photo at the top right of this blog.)

I love holiday traditions and can't wait to show you a few more things we do around these parts in the remaining time before Christmas.

PLUS, there will be a giveaway (or two, or maybe three) in the coming weeks so keep checking back. First up will be Sew Mama Sew's big giveaway day on Monday, December 13th! then I'll be celebrating my 100th blog post (say what! where does the time go?) and I've been asked by CSN stores to partner with them in offering a giveaway as well. Lots of exciting things going on!


1 comment:

  1. Meg... Would you be interested in swapping links? I added you to my Blog sidebar http://www.lindsaysews.com. Let me know! lindsay.conner(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!