Friday, September 16, 2011

Swap Angel

I just sent off my very first angel package for a swap! It hasn't arrived yet at it's destination so I'll just post this little peek.


Swaps can be fun or horrible or anywhere in between. They can also be a little bit tricky because you are relying on people's honesty and integrity to follow through with their commitment. We all know that life has a way of being unpredictable and deadlines can be missed. As long as everyone communicates well, things usually work out just fine.

But every once in a while, someone is a flake and doesn't send anything out to their partner. That's when whoever is organizing the swap asks for "angels." An angel is someone who sends out a swap package without getting anything in return. I've never needed an angel in any of the swaps I've done and this was the first time I've ever been asked to be an angel for someone else.

It was really fun to put this little package together! I made a table runner, a hot pad, and a potholder since this was a "Spicing Up the Kitchen" swap. I hope they are well-received.

Do you participate in swaps? Have you ever needed or been an angel?




4 comments:

  1. oh, yeep. i was just thinking today about swaps and how they are so very good or so terribly bad. you are very kind to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sneak peek is lovely! I can't wait to see the reveal. :)

    I've done a fair number of swaps and I've offered to be an angel several times but haven't been called on yet. I've had angels step up twice to send lovely things when someone else flaked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This should make it up to the person who hasn't received- what a lovely angel package! Beautiful quilting lines too. I have done lots of swaps and I do see one or two odd things happen but the vast majority do get everything sent out

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks perfect Meg! I am sure whoever gets this will be very happy!!
    Yeah swaps they can be great and not so great. I have received an angel package once and it was heartwarming. I still feel bad about it though because my original partner did send me something...it just wasn't sewn together lol!
    I will volunteer to be an angel in return it only seems right.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!