Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First day of school!

We are happy to announce that there is a kindergartener in the family!


I did not cry. I'm not one of those mommy's who is lamenting sending my children to school. In fact, I'm eagerly awaiting next week when the preschooler will be heading off as well.

I LOVE my kids. And I feel amazingly grateful every day to be able to stay home with them. It's not a choice that is right or even possible for everyone. But I feel truly fortunate to have had this incredible amount of time with my kids. And now I feel grateful to be able to send them to school where they will make friends and continue to learn and be inspired. Another step on the journey!

Of course, I won't lie, getting a little bit of non-kid time is also greatly anticipated.

In preparation for school there was a little sewing going on here.

First was a little pencil case - adorned with robots.


The other side:


And a couple of lunch bags.


I didn't follow a pattern for these bags - kind of a combo of other projects I've made and a healthy dose of winging it.They are bento style lunch bags with drawstring covers, which are great if the bag gets knocked or tipped over. Stuff doesn't go flying out.

I'm pretty happy with how they turned out and so are the kids. Any interest in a quick tutorial?




4 comments:

  1. Great attitude Megan and he looks happy and ready to go. I always love seeing a tute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those robots are great, and your lunchbags, too.
    Of course I would like to read a tutorial !

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes please!!! I think they are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!