Friday, September 9, 2011

Gratifying

Recently, I had the unique opportunity to do some sewing for a friend. Well, actually, my friend's daughter. Okay, her daughter's dog.

See, my friend's daughter has juvenile diabetes. A few weeks ago they were given an amazing and life-saving miracle of a dog. He is a service dog who has been trained to identify high and low blood sugar levels and alert the person to either take their insulin or eat some food.

Their dog, along with two others in the program, needed their "official" working vests. And I was the lucky one who got to make them!


The dogs are trained through an amazing group called Dogs Assisting Diabetics. It's absolutely amazing what these animals can do.



It was truly an honor to sew up these little vests and I wish the dogs and their owners all the best!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is so cool! I'll have to tell a friend of mine about this! The vests look great.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!