Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall bag

Over the weekend, I whipped up the 241 Tote from Noodlehead.


I used some of my prized Echino and paired it with duck cloth solids. The strap is made from a long strip of the Echino and backed with the burgundy duck cloth.

I really like this bag! The pattern is clear and straightforward though I would definitely recommend reading it all the way through before starting. Anna offers some alternate ways of assembly that I think make a lot of sense and would be my preferred way to put the bag together. Also, um, read the directions about the seam allowance. I would have saved myself a LOT of frustration if I had realized the seam allowance was 3/8" and not the 5/8" I thought I read at first. Oh well, it just gives me a chance to make another one, right?

This one may or may not end up in the shop. I haven't quite decided and still need to finish hand stitching the lining closed.


5 comments:

  1. Anna's bag patterns are awesome! I love the way you always do a patchwork - makes it more original and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Nice colors Megs, this bag is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely autumnal feel to this Megan, the burgundy brings real depth to the colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh this patchwork is particularly lovely. it's the pops of red that kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful and so perfect for fall! I love those side pockets. Thanks for the nice words on the new fabric line!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!