Thursday, September 22, 2011

Problem solved

Well, I am nothing if not crafty and I love finding solutions to the strange little problems that creep into everyday life.

Case in point:


Both kids have become enamored of these "lap boards" - basically dry-erase boards for them to practice their writing. The problem is that they needed a way to erase but didn't want to keep track of a little cloth or anything like that.

So I grabbed a scrap of fabric (about 3 inches square), a cotton ball, and a rubber band.


Wrapped the cotton ball in the fabric scrap.


Fit the cotton ball/fabric thingy around the end of the pen cap.


And secured with a rubber band.


Voila! A dry-erase marker with an ERASER!


So far, so good. Though I have to admit that when I made one for Owen I decided to make things a little more rugged by replacing the rubber band with duct tape. Both versions are working like a charm!





1 comment:

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!