Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Fab Bag

Remember this pile o' fabric? Well, it was magically transformed into this completely fabulous new tote bag, which is HUGE enough to handle all the daily stuff I seem destined to carry around. Who knew that having a couple of kiddos was going to make me Chief in Charge of Everyone's Stuff? At least now I can carry it all in style.

The print fabric is from IKEA and the bottom is some linen that I already had. The orange lining is also from IKEA. The pattern is from McCall's I think, and I've had it forever even though this is the first time I've ever used it. This is the first bag I've ever made (other than tiny little tote bags for my kids crayons and stuff). It's also the first time I ever made a fabric covered button, which could become a problem because it was so fun and easy. Now I want to cover millions of buttons and sew them on to everything.

So, if you see a momma and her two cute kiddos around town and she's toting this awesome fab bag, be sure to say hi!

4 comments:

  1. Its lovely!!! I need to make a BIG tote bag too!!! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megs, it's awesome, I love it! That Ikea fabric is sweet with the linen, I'm inspired now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love it!
    Did you use a pattern or design it yourself?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!