Monday, June 28, 2010

True confessions

Apparently there's something in my genetic makeup that compels me to acquire fabric. New fabric. Vintage linens. Fabric swapped with others. Fabric from my LQS. Fabric from awesome online sources. It's becoming a problem.

Case in point:
Found these at my local thrift store over the weekend. Do I need them? No. Am I currently in a vintage sheet swap that has 84 fat quarters coming to my house next month? Yes. But when you see something like that crazy awesome purple flower print, are you supposed to just leave it there? You can see my dilemma.

And the chunky pastel stripes? Coming soon to a stripey binding near you!

And since it's true confessions time...I'm also awaiting some Castle Peeps that should come in the mail this week. Sigh. I may need an intervention.

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually drooling on my keyboard - yes, the purple flowers, amazing!!! I have the same problem as you, I wonder if it is genetic? Maybe it's a recessive form of hoarding? Anyway, I was just thinking I needed to order some castle peeps too, or go up to Cool Cottons and get some. I have a quilt in my head using it. Cheers! Enjoy the gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!