Thursday, April 14, 2011

Another finish

Here is my entry into Project Modern's second challenge: a monochromatic quilt.

Huge thanks to Jen Carlton Bailly for taking such awesome photos of the quilt!


This is a quilt I had been wanting to make for some time - an exploration of texture. The color palette is natural and there is a huge variety of fabrics that make up the quilt itself: 100% cotton, 100% linen, linen cotton blends, corduroy, flannel, kona crush, monks cloth, canvas, and dupioni silk.

Some blocks have an added textural element such as gathering, raw edges, pin tucks, or selvages incorporated into the piecing.

Quilting was done by hand using perle cotton in three different shades.


I'm thrilled with how this quilt turned out and I just wish you could all touch it and feel the variety of materials and textures for yourself!

It's been very exciting to see a few other quilts that PMQG members have made for this challenge, including Jill's - which WON!!! Thanks to the Modern Quilt Guild for sponsoring such a wonderful challenge!


4 comments:

  1. The quilt is beautiful!! You can tell how much thought and care you put into it. I hope we can see it in person at the meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan that quilt is so wonderful! The colours and textures are mouth watering,I wish I could touch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt turned out AMAZING! I love looking at and touching all the different blocks...so awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!