Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pillowcase Dress

I was a little late to the party, but now that I've started collecting vintage/thrifted sheets and linens I'm smitten. My friend Jill recently gave me this great strawberry and flower vine pillowcase. Since it came with it's adorable little ruffle intact, I kept hesitating about cutting into it. Instead, I made this sweet little summer dress for Miss Bailey.

She loves it!

Perfect for running through the yard or watching bugs in the grass.

I added a second ruffle from a sheet that I had already riped into fat quarters. Loving the double ruffle!

Very easy. Very quick. And since my little tomboy loved it enough to wear all day AND do some twirling, I'm calling it a success.

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! I LOVE it! I'm so glad you made it into a dress, I thought it would be perfect for that too. She looks so happy in it (and adorable as usual)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! That was a great idea to add an extra ruffle. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! That extra ruffle is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!