Monday, March 7, 2011

A Birthday Pillow


Today is my mother's birthday. She has been wanting a "tan" pillow for her bed for awhile. I just so happened to be working on a little something that created a bunch of leftover squares.

Voila! A patchwork pillow in a nice natural color palette.

It's a little bit embarrassing how quickly and easily this all came together. But since I just started it yesterday afternoon, it's a good thing I didn't make it any harder or more complicated.

The quilting is a simple grid outline to let the fabrics really be the main attraction. There are LOTS of different types of fabrics here because I was playing around with texture. Linen, cotton, linen/cotton blend. flannel, corduroy, dupioni silk, canvas, monk's cloth, muslin, kona, kona crush...whew!

And the whole thing is bound in Modern Meadow Herringbone. I wish I had yards and yards in every colorway because it's my new favorite for binding. Sigh.

So, happy birthday Mom! Hope you like your new pillow!


2 comments:

  1. I love it! You can send the rest if your scraps here if you don't have any other projects for them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely example of neutrals altogether. I hadn't thought of modern meadow herringbone as a binding, it works so well!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!