Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August Bee Block

Just finished my August block for Bee Vintage. It's a Grandmother's Fan pattern, which includes curved piecing and hand applique - both of which I had never done before.



Just ignore that little wrinkle that I neglected to press out. Once again, it was really fun to try new techniques and a block that I probably wouldn't have chosen to make for myself. It's great to learn and I'm discovering that things are rarely as difficult or scary as I thought they would be.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That looks great! it looks really complicated, nice job! When is your month? Have you decided what you're going to have people make?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!