Thursday, April 5, 2012

Garden Party - free PDF pattern



Jennifer over on Sewhooked is hosting a paper-pieced pattern a day all month long to celebrate her birthday. How awesome is that? She has the birthday and we get the presents! I am honored to be included in the group of talented sewists who are creating patterns and today is my day to share a pattern with you.



This block was designed for maximum versatility. There are three distinct sections to the block: tall birdhouse on the left, small birdhouse and butterfly on the right. Each section is pieced separately and then joined together. In addition, each half is the same width so you can join the blocks vertically if you like to make one long block or a small wall hanging.


The birdhouses are probably the easiest parts to piece. Just one of these would make a cute snack mat - or you could add extra background material to make a set of placemats!


You could even make several birdhouses of varying heights to make a perfect Spring table runner.


The butterfly is the most complex portion of the block, but I would encourage you to give it a try even if you're relatively new to paper-piecing. And if you'd rather skip it, you can always replace the butterfly portion with additional background fabric.

I hope you enjoy this pattern as much as I enjoyed creating it!




Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the many other blocks featured this month.

***And thank you to those of you who alerted me to a problem accessing the PDF. It seems to be fixed from my end of things with the file being made public so that anyone with the link can access it. If you are still having any trouble, let me know. Thank you for your patience! If you haven't already figured it out - this is my first time trying to post a PDF link on my blog!***






34 comments:

  1. Hi Meg, so cute! I tried to download but the link says I need permission

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot load the link either "need permission" then error from my firewall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the block, but says I need permission to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute block, but the link says I need permission to download.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't download pattern, need permission.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't download the pattern. I know I'm another one and sorry. Google docs was trying to download and it got about halfway and then said it couldn't.
    Thanks
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unable to down load. It asks me to save to file but then when I try this it will not allow me to do so. Love the block and want to print it out to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're insane! My grandma would have loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was finally able to print out the pattern and am now looking forward to doing it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cute pattern! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great pattern, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww Megan I love your patterns! Totally charming!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a really good job on the block. I like it very much. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is adorable and very generous of you! I think I have time to make one to take to Easter dinner..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this block! Thanks so much for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. very, very beautiful! My favorite so far, thanks!!!
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente - Germany

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing this wonderful block with us, Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Meg, I just awarded you with the Leibster Award... check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing your design with us -- it's adorable! I love the butterfly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a gorgeous block and I love the versatility of the design. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the block. My dad used to make birdhouses so it reminds me of him. Love the butterfly too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing your designer with us.
    Flavia from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this paper pieced block/s. Thank you so much for generously sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, this is so cute, thanks for sharing! I was wondering if you had any tips for printing the pattern? I'm having a really hard time getting it to print, I'll get part of the first page of the pattern and nothing else. I'm very new at this so any help would be greatly appreciated and I so want to give this a try.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good day ..thanks for the file...I can't imagine doing it s well as yours....yours is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, love your design, but get a blank page when I click on the pdf link.... Will chack back in a bit, thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for this pattern, I downloaded it and made the butterfly for a mini quilt swap - first successfully completed paper pieced anything ever! I must leave you now and make another two :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. thanks! I needed a "condo" birdhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  29. thanks! I needed a "condo" birdhouse!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!