Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Solids challenge - received!

Remember awhile back when I posted about my first paper-pieced block? It went into the solids challenge swap at Portland Modern Quilt Guild and this is the pillow cover I got back!


Isn't it fantastic?! My friend, Petra got the block in the swap and made this gorgeous pillow cover. I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the back but it's Alexander Henry Heath in gray and some amazing gray and orange buttons.

And check out Petra's crazy awesome quilting:


I know I'm gushing but I just love it to bits and am so happy to have it on a chair in my sewing room so I can see it every day!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you like it!! Anytime you want to make an amazing block like that I would be happy to quilt it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I was thinking of you when I heard about all of the hullabaloo at the Shakespeare Festival and thinking you're probably happy not to have deal with all that mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pillow, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!