Sunday, April 11, 2010

Crazy for Coffee Cozies

Raw materials

My first cozy!

My favorite!

Having so much fun making some small projects that give me a chance to practice free-motion quilting. Mostly, it just scares me crazy to think about doing all that work to piece together a beautiful quilt top and then I am convinced that I'll screw up the quilting part by trying to FMQ so I chicken out and never even try.

Well, I finally came to the realization that I could quilt something a little bit, you know, SMALLER than a whole quilt and maybe, just maybe, I'll practice on enough small stuff to get the courage to attempt something larger.

Inspired by the blog Anyone Can Quilt and Sarah's gorgeous cozies I figured I'd make a few to work on FMQ and practice attaching binding. Well, mine will never be as completely adorable as hers (and check out her etsy shop for even more fabulousness), I think I did a pretty good job. And I feel like my morning cuppa joe is one of the most well-dressed coffees in town!

Next on my list: potholders! I'll be making one (my very first!) for the next Portland Modern Quilt Guild meeting swap. Lots of firsts: first guild meeting, first swap and first potholder. Very exciting!

1 comment:

  1. ah, so those coffee cozies.....
    how goes the quilt you were quilting at MD ? all done and being snuggled with I hope!
    are you going again this friday?


I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!